Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Day of Fun

So I had a total blast today! Gabe, Shane and I went on a trip to the Strip District, swiped up Kris and headed over to the noodle truck for some yummy $2 pad thai!! It was a perfect Pittsburgh day...flurries, Steelers gear, and street vendors! Gabe, Shane and I also went to The Mattress Factory which is, in fact, a museum in the North Side. It's all contemporary installation art! Man, there was some really neat stuff there! Check out the web site! I took a lot of pictures today. I'll post some tomorrow but some of them I just have to share today!! If you haven't lived in Pittsburgh you will never fully grasp Steeler-mania. While we were in the Strip, half the street vendors were Steelers gear! Look!





Here's the noodle truck! That guy, Bob, makes some way yummy pad thai. Admitedly, there is some egg so it's not really vegan but its vegetarian and WAY too good to pass up!




Here are some pictures of one of the awesome art installations! Shane was getting really into it!! It was room that was floor to ceiling mirrors AND mirrors on the ceiling. Also, huge orange dots AND mannequins covered in orange dots.





I'll probably post some more pictures tomorrow! I have to go catch up on the Steelers game and the Pens game n'at before practice

No comments: